As May approaches, so does our anticipation of the biggest training and development event of the year—ATD 2015 International Conference & Expo. This event brings the training and development industry to life. It’s all about YOU and YOUR professional development. This is going to be FUN!
There is going to be a lot of great things to see while you’re there. But with over 10,000 attendees, 300 education sessions, and ten content tracks, it could get a bit overwhelming. But in lieu of everything, here are 5 things you don’t want to miss at this year’s ATD conference.
- The Keynote Speakers. Every year, ATD doesn’t disappoint with its keynote line up. If you had to put something down on your agenda, it would definitely be all three keynote speakers. Andrea Jung, President and CEO of Grameen America, who is the longest-tenured female Fortune 500 CEO, will address how to lead a global business. The other keynotes: Sugata Mitra, Professor of Educational Technology at Newcastle University and Eric Wahl, Graffiti artist, author, entrepreneur, and Philanthropist.
- The Sessions. There are 300 education sessions following ten different content tracks. You definitely want to make sure you attend the ones that you WANT to attend. So, ATD makes it easy—you can plan your schedule! By logging into My Schedule Planner, you can create your personalized conference plan. Did we mention there’s an app for this?
- The Networking. How exciting is it to know that you will be at a venue with 10,500 of your peers? You have to take the opportunity to network. ATD makes this easy. With several ‘Meet to Eat’ Dinners and the Expo Lunch, you will have 6 opportunities to network and mingle. But let’s not forget about the ATD Networking Night on Tuesday. This amazing addition to the event will be held at Universal Studios Florida in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter™. At Networking Night you will have a one-of-a-kind opportunity to experience the magical world of Harry Potter and his friends, and see some of their favorite locations from the books and films, including Diagon Alley™.
- The Expo. The expo hall is one that takes several days to get thru…and make sure to take your time. This expo hall is lined with 400 world-class training vendors providing offerings such as leadership development programs, assessments, ROI measurement tools, and the latest and greatest in learning and development programs. As an attendee you will be able to not only network with peers on the expo floor, but see first-hand how training vendors are helping organizations perform better. Pace yourself…
- You can see US. In industry news, business acumen is popping up everywhere. The funny thing is that we’ve been helping organizations enhance the business acumen for their leaders, managers, and employees for over 20 years. So, this year at ATD we will be challenging all L&D leaders to a business-critical mission: To grow your organization by building the acumen. At booth #1103 we will have expert thought leaders ready to talk about the value of business acumen, what it means to an organization, and how to implement effective business acumen training. You won’t want to miss it. Map us on your show planner here.
Get ready to have some great fun! We will see you in Orlando May 17th – 20th.